Monday, January 17, 2011

Flabbergasted by Final Exams

It's the end of the year and I'm currently grading final exams. I have a love / hate relationship for wrong answers that have made me laugh. The one that I just read goes like this:

Q) Histograms and Pareto charts are both bar charts. What is the significant difference between the two?


A) Histograms come from data collected in the past.

While I'm sure this is true, it's not quite what I am looking for. I think he saw the Hist part and assumed that it was like the Hist in History.

Another one that made me chuckle was the following:

Q) Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data. Give and example of each.

A) Qualitive data is of great info and quality while quantive has more data then qualitive because there is quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment